- When the storms of life are raging,
- Tempests wild on sea and land,
- I will seek a place of refuge,
- In the shadow of God’s hand.
- He will hide me, He will hide me,
- Where no harm can e’er betide me;
- He will hide me, safely hide me,
- In the shadow of His hand.
- Tho’ He may send some affliction,
- ’Twill but make me long for home;
- For in love and not in anger,
- All His chastenings will come.
- Enemies may strive to injure,
- Satan all his arts employ;
- He will turn what seems to harm me
- Into everlasting joy.
- So, while here the cross I’m bearing,
- Meeting storms and billows wild,
- Jesus for my soul is caring,
- Naught can harm His Father’s child.