- Blessèd Lord, in Thee is refuge,
- Safety for my trembling soul;
- Pow’r to lift my head when drooping
- ’Midst the angry billows’ roll.
- I will trust Thee, I will trust Thee, I will trust Thee;
- All my life Thou shalt control;
- All my life Thou shalt control.
- In the past, too, unbelieving,
- ’Midst the tempest I have been,
- And my heart has slowly trusted
- What my eyes have never seen.
- Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus,
- Teach me on Thine arm to lean;
- Teach me on Thine arm to lean.
- O, for trust that brings the triumph
- When defeat seems strangely near;
- O, for faith that changes fighting
- Into vict’ry’s ringing cheer!
- Faith triumphant, faith triumphant, faith triumphant,
- Knowing not defeat nor fear;
- Knowing not defeat nor fear.
- Faith triumphant — blessèd victory!
- Every barrier swept away.
- Heaven descending, joy and fullness,
- Dawn of everlasting day!
- Jesus only, Jesus only, Jesus only,
- Him to love and Him obey;
- Him to love and Him obey.